SyntaxHighlighter

Thursday 29 August 2013

Day 53: Doc

Documentation

Finished off working on Lowry Demo and moved on to the documentation. Did some final tweaks to the code to get everything looking a bit more professional.

A future improvement came to mind as soon as I started the documentation: It would be a great idea to allow users to tweak certain selected global variables of the program using a config file. This system is already in place with a config.txt file that modifies marker information and such, but I plan to update it to use XML which is far more flexible and I hope I will eventually be able to extend the XML config file to allow users to automatically add new objects by simply adding relevant information to a central XML file.

However for now, to save time (time really is flying - only two weeks or so of work left!) I shall simply list this as a future development plan in the documentation.

Started it off, stored it in my Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-L96HHcA2JTQ2J2SDJTaUV0clE/edit?usp=sharing
(anyone with the link can view and comment on the documentation)

Email and stuff

Learnt that IMAP on Outlook is currently down, which is why I couldn't log in previously. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon, and then I can finish off Steve's jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.